So, I saw this design on Tumblr and I thought it was the cutest thing since sliced bread. I took it upon myself to get my doodle on.
New week brings…. NEW NAILS! This is like a gradient background with a flower. I threw the rhinestones on there because i messed up a flower so… lol.
- Okay. First (like always) apply a good base coat.
- Follow up with 2 coats of a neon yellow
- Once dry, paint about 3/4 of your nail with one coat of a light green color (i used the green from my last green/white/black design)
- Then 1/2 in a darker green. (i ended up just painting my tips dark green)
- With a bright yellow, make 5 dots in a circle as equal as possible… wait until slightly dry/sticky then take your dotting tool (or a toothpick) and drag towards the middle to create the petal look (i was impatient so some of my flowers didnt have the whole petal look going)
- if you dont have a lining brush you can use the nail art polishes you can buy in the store, I just used the brush from it and dipped it in my other yellow so i could be uniform. Make a line for the stem and a leaf (or 2) to give the flowers some depth.
- You can stop here if you would like. You could paint over with a glitter polish for a little extra pizazz. I decided to use rhinestones.
- The easiest way i have found to pick up rhinestones is to wet a q-tip. boom. instant connection. lol. I dropped a dot of top coat where i wanted to place the stone then dropped it on and held it for a bit. Now dont push too hard or you risk the stone sliding and possibly messing up all of your hard work.
- When you’re done… slap on a nice thick layer of GOOD top coat to protect your creation and TA-DA! NADA MAS!
I hope you guys like it/ try it. its really fun, cute, and nice for the sunny weather we have been having. If you have any questions, hit the ask box!